BBC Drama on 3 2023 The Hound of the Baskervilles

The Hound of the Baskervilles
Drama on 3

“Standing over Hugo Baskerville, and plucking at his throat, there stood a foul thing, a great, black beast, shaped like a hound, yet larger than any hound that ever mortal eye has rested upon.”

A desolate house on the moors, an escaped murderer, and a bloodthirsty supernatural beast – Conan Doyle’s best-selling mystery has all the ingredients of a classic thriller. Following the success of his adaptations of A Christmas Carol and The Wind in the Willows, the dramatist , composer and long-term collaborator with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, Neil Brand has crafted a chilling, gripping and hair-raising version of this favourite tale.

Mark Gatiss stars as Sherlock Holmes with Sanjeev Bhaskar as Dr Watson.

Recorded at the Barbican Hall, London on December 20th 2022.

Neil Brand, orchestrated by Timothy Brock: The Hound of the Baskervilles (BBC co-commission and world premiere]

Mark Gatiss - Sherlock Holmes
Sanjeev Bhaskar - Dr Watson
Sam Dale - Dr Mortimer/Frankland/Narrator
Ewan Bailey - Barrymore/Mycroft/Narrator
Clare Corbett - Mrs Barrymore/Beryl Stapleton/Billy/Narrator
Carl Prekopp - Stapleton/Selden/Narrator
Ryan Early - Henry Baskerville/Narrator

BBC Symphony Orchestra
Timothy Brock (conductor)
Neil Brand (conductor)
David Hunter (director)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pnvffccqr92e0u2/The_Hound_of_the_Baskervilles_2023-01-22.mp3/file

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Mike

• Many thanks for this. Greatly appreciated.

• Thanks Mike.
    I usually do a search for "Sherlock Holmes" about once a month on the BBC website. My searches haven't thrown up this though.

• Thank you very much, William!    

• Many thanks

• Thank you! I'm not able to record off the radio at present, so I'm very grateful for this. 

Roger

• GREAT !!!

• Thanks for this Mike.

I have to confess I had forgotten that BBC Radio 3 does drama on a Sunday evening.

This reply was deleted.