This programme was on the World Service last month.

I don't know if this works worldwide but here in the UK it's possible to download straight from the BBC page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p054419v

I've also uploaded it to Onedrive. This version I downloaded using get_iplayer which is what I always use for BBC content.
Now I'm not sure why but the get_iplayer version is 44 minutes whilst the version that's on the BBC website is 41 minutes.
Both versions start and end the same. I haven't listened to all of it myself yet so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Onedrive Arthur Conan Doyle: The Man Behind Sherlock Holmes

Arthur Conan Doyle: The Man Behind Sherlock Holmes
BBC World Service The Forum
3 June 2017
44 minutes

Since appearing in print in the late nineteenth century, Sherlock Holmes has become one of the world’s most famous detectives, known for solving crime and mystery in London and beyond. But who was the man that made this fictional super-sleuth? And what inspired him to write?

Bridget Kendall explores the life and work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - the doctor and literary superstar who embraced both science and the spiritual world - and who changed crime fiction forever.

She’s joined by biographer Andrew Lycett and the scholars Catherine Wynne and Stefan Lampadius.

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks.  The BBC link worked for me.  I'm in the US.  It is 39min 47sec.

• Thank you, Jake. The "Mystery of the Missing Three Minutes" doesn't need Sherlock. In the longer version there is a break at about 23 minutes for programme advertising and a news bulletin. The shorter version continues without this interruption.

• Thanks Douglas. I did listen to it the day after and worked out what was going on. I meant to post about it but forgot.

I believe congratulations are in order re District Messenger competition.

• Thank you!

• Many thanks, Jake.

• Thanks for sharing.

This reply was deleted.