Radio Show : 320K - 582 Mb Total Size
RADIO ETHER
PROGRAM EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINETEEN
(WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS ETHER)

"To me the only success, the only greatness, is immortality."
- James Dean, quoted in James Dean: The Mutant King, by David Dalton

Part One
1. Intro
2. The Western Lands [a Dangerous Road Mix] (Laswell, Burroughs) - Material + William S. Burroughs [Seven Souls - Virgin Records - 1989]
3. The Heat Closing In (from Naked Lunch) (recorded & edited by Ian Sommerville in Paris, May 1965.) [Vaudeville Voices - Grey Matter - 1993]
4. Abandoned Artifacts (Percussion - Martin Olson) [Abandoned Artifacts - Fresh Sounds Inc - FRESH Flexi 003 - 1981]
[This recording was a press run of 2,000, available only in TALK TALK, Vol. 3, No. 6, September/October 1981.]
5. Wonderful Copenhagen [Real English Tea Made Here - Audio Research Editions - 2007]
6. Meeting Of International Conference Of Technical Psychiatry [The Doctor Is On The Market - LTM - 1986]7. Meeting Of International Conference Of Technical Psychiatry
[The Doctor Is On The Market - LTM - 1986]
7. Burroughs discusses Writing, Art and Archetypes
8. talk
9. Place Of Dead Roads: The Purple Better One, [The Best Of William Burroughs: From Giorno Poetry Systems [Box Set] - Mouth Almighty / Pgd - 1998]
10. Junky I [Junky - Penguin Audiobooks - 2000]
11. Junky II [Junky - Penguin Audiobooks - 2000]
12. Untitled [Electronic Revolution - Crash Magazine - Crash 01 (CD, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release) - 1998]
13. The Sermon On The Mount 3 [Dead City Radio - Island Records - 1990]

Part Two
14. Part 1 [Uncommon Quotes - Caravan Of Dreams Productions - 1988]
15. talk
16. Quick Fix - Ministry w/ Lyrics By [Text], Voice [Spoken Word] - William S. Burroughs [Just One Fix, CD, Maxi-Single - Sire, Warner Bros. Records - 1992]
17. The Fish Poison Con (contains excerpts from the book "Nova Express.") [Call Me Burroughs - Rhino Records - 1995]
[This album was originally issued by The English Bookshop, Paris, June 1965; first issued domestically by ESP-Disk, New York, in 1966 (ESP#1050).]
18. Inflexible Authority (contains excerpts from the book "Nova Express.") [Call Me Burroughs - Rhino Records - 1995]
[This album was originally issued by The English Bookshop, Paris, June 1965; first issued domestically by ESP-Disk, New York, in 1966 (ESP#1050).]
19. Recalling All Active Agents - Brion Gysin [Break Through In Grey Room - Sub Rosa - 1986]
20. Junky Relations [Break Through In Grey Room - Sub Rosa - 1986]
21. Burroughs Called The Law [Break Through In Grey Room - Sub Rosa - 1986]
22. talk
23. From "Ah Pook Is Here" (recorded at Columbia University, New York, April 17, 1975.)
[William S. Burroughs / John Giorno – A D'arc Press Selection - Giorno Poetry Systems - 1975]
24. Word Is Virus [William S. Burroughs + Gus Van Sant - The Elvis Of Letters - Tim/Kerr Records - 1985]

Part Three
25. From "Cities Of The Red Night" (recorded at Columbia University, New York, April 17, 1975.)
[William S. Burroughs / John Giorno – A D'arc Press Selection - Giorno Poetry Systems - 1975]
26. What Keeps Mankind Alive? (composed by Kurt Weill with lyrics by Bertolt Brecht for their music drama The Threepenny Opera (Die Dreigroschenoper)
which premiered in Berlin in 1928 at the Theater am Schiffbauerdamm.) [September Songs – The Music of Kurt Weill - produced and directed by Larry Weinstein,
and written by Weinstein and David Mortin - 1994]
27. From "Exterminator", From Here To Eternity (recorded by KPFA, Berkley Barb Reading, Pauley Ballroom, University of California, November 7, 1974.)
28. talk
29. Is Everybody In? (Jim Morrison) - William S. Burroughs w/ Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Ralph Sall
[Stoned Immaculate: The Music of The Doors - Elektra Entertainment Group - 2000]
30. William S. Burroughs Recites Edgar Allan Poe's The Mask Of The Red Death - Stardust - 2007
31. Evolution and the Bomb [The Instrument Of Control (Subtitled: "William S. Burroughs in conversation and readings") - Archivio Letterario - 2008]
32. Swedish Dream and Source Material [The Instrument Of Control (Subtitled: "William S. Burroughs in conversation and readings") - Archivio Letterario - 2008]
33. Phenomenon, Time Travel, and Precognition [The Instrument Of Control (Subtitled: "William S. Burroughs in conversation and readings") - Archivio Letterario - 2008]
34. Synchronicity and Image Thought [The Instrument Of Control (Subtitled: "William S. Burroughs in conversation and readings") - Archivio Letterario - 2008]
35. Pictorial Language [The Instrument Of Control (Subtitled: "William S. Burroughs in conversation and readings") - Archivio Letterario - 2008]
36. talk
37. Millions Of Images [William S. Burroughs + Gus Van Sant - The Elvis Of Letters - Tim/Kerr Records - 1985]
38. A One God Universe - William S. Burroughs w/ The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy [Spare Ass Annie and Other Tales - Island Records - 1993]
39. Untitled [Electronic Revolution - Crash Magazine – Crash 01 (CD, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release) - 1998]
40. The Name Is Clem Snide (from Cities Of The Red Night) [recorded on "The Red Night Tour" in Los Angeles on May 9, 1981, Santa Cruz on May 13, San Francisco on
May 16, and Toronto on May 31, 1981.] [Laurie Anderson - John Giorno - William S. Burroughs - You're The Guy I Want To Share My Money With -
Giorno Poetry Systems - 1981]
41. Mr. Hart Couldn't Hear The Word Death [recorded on "The Red Night Tour" in Los Angeles on May 9, 1981, Santa Cruz on May 13, San Francisco on May 16, and
Toronto on May 31, 1981.] [Laurie Anderson - John Giorno - William S. Burroughs - You're The Guy I Want To Share My Money With - Giorno Poetry Systems - 1981]

Part Four
42. Are You Tracking Me? (recorded on April 20, 1965 at 210 Center Street.) [Real English Tea Made Here - Audio Research Editions – 2007]
43. Outro
44. I Tre Merli - Music By - Yellow Magic Orchestra, Vocals - Williams Burroughs [Technodon - Eastworld - 1993] [ETHER BONUS]
45. Untitled [Electronic Revolution - Crash Magazine - Crash 01 (CD, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release) - 1998] [ETHER BONUS]

DJ: Charles Cicirella and Dan Klute
Sunday, April 13, 2014 and Saturday, April 19, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois

"Cloning isn't ego gone berserk. On the contrary, cloning is the end of
the ego. For the first time, the spirit of man will be able to separate
itself from the human machine, to see it and use it as a machine. He is
no longer identified with one special Me machine. The human organism has
become an artifact he can use like a plane, a boat, or a space capsule."
- William S. Burroughs, IMMORTALITY

That is what this revolution is about. End of game. New games?

There are no new games from here to eternity.

END OF THE WAR GAME.

- William S. Burroughs, The Electronic Revolution

RE819 LINK

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks so much for this. A great cross-section of Burrough's work. 

• I really enjoyed it.  I am glad there are others here who do also.  -------------------------------------  R

This reply was deleted.