Star Wars Trilogy - NPR (1981-1983-1996)

Star Wars - The Original Radio Drama NPR (1981)

192K Stereo

Cast

Luke Skywalker .... Mark Hamill
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi .... Bernard Behrens
See Threepio (C-3PO) .... Anthony Daniels
Han Solo .... Perry King
Princess Leia Organa .... Ann Sachs
Grand Moff Tarkin .... Keene Curtis
Lord Darth Vader .... Brock Peters
Admiral Motti .... David Clennon
Biggs .... Kale Brown
Deak .... David Paymer
Camie .... Stephanie Steele
Fixer .... Adam Arkin
Heater .... Joel Brooks
Customer #2 .... Phillip Kellard
Lord Tion .... John Considine
Prestor (Bail Organa) .... Stephen Elliot
Captain Antilles .... David Ackroyd
General Dodonna .... James Blendick
Rebel .... John Dukakis
Wedge Antilles .... Meshach Taylor
Narrator .... Ken Hiller

Episode List

1. A Wind To Shake The Stars
2. Points Of Origin
3. Black Knight, White Princess, And Pawns
4. While Giants Mark Time
5. Jedi That Was, Jedi To Be
6. The Millennium Falcon Deal
7. The Han Solo Solution
8. Death Star's Transit
9. Rogues, Rebels And Robots
10. The Luke Skywalker Initiative
11. The Jedi Nexus
12. The Case For Rebellion
13. Force And Counter Force

Empire Strikes Back (1983)NPR

192K Stereo

Cast

Luke Skywalker .... Mark Hamill
Lando Calrissian .... Billy Dee Williams
Han Solo .... Perry King
See Threepio (C-3PO) .... Anthony Daniels
Princess Leia Organa .... Ann Sachs
Yoda .... John Lithgow
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi .... Bernard Behrens
Lord Darth Vader .... Brock Peters
Beta .... James Eckhouse
Dak .... Peter Friedman
Deck Officer .... Ron Frazier
General Rieekan .... Merwin Goldsmith
Admiral Ozzel .... Peter Michael Goetz
General Veers .... Gordon Gould
The Emperor .... Paul Hecht
Two OneBee .... Russel Horton
Controller .... Jame Hurdle
Captain Needa .... Nicholas Kepros
Admiral Piett .... David Rache
Boba Fett .... Alan Rosenburg
Imperial Pilot .... Jay Sanders
Wedge .... Don Scardino

Episode list

1. Freedom's Winter
2. The Coming Storm
3. A Question Of Survival
4. Fire And Ice
5. The Millennium Falcon Pursuit
6. Way Of The Jedi
7. New Allies, New Enemy
8. Dark Lord's Fury
9. Gambler's Choice
10. The Clash Of Lightsabers

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (1996) NPR

192K Stereo

An expanded radio dramatization of the original Star Wars trilogy was produced in 1981, 1983, and 1996. The first two radio series, based on A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, were produced and broadcast by National Public Radio as part of NPR Playhouse. A dramatization of Return of the Jedi was produced by most of the same team and also broadcast on NPR.

The radio serials were made with the full co-operation of George Lucas, who for one dollar each sold the rights to KUSC-FM, the public radio affiliate at his alma mater, the University of Southern California. Lucas also allowed the use of original sound effects and music from the films.

There are no plans to produce radio dramatizations of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1996) NPR

NPR's plans for a Return of the Jedi radio serial were put on hold when federal funding for NPR was dramatically reduced. It was not until 1996 that a six-part adaptation of Return of the Jedi was made by Highbridge Audio, the company that had released the first two series on tape and CD.

Like the preceding series, Return of the Jedi expanded its story by incorporating new scenes, such as Luke Skywalker's construction of a new lightsaber. Also introduced in the storyline is a brief appearance of a dancer named Arica in the palace of Jabba the Hutt... a character whose true identity is that of popular Star Wars Expanded Universe character Mara Jade, established to have been present there in the Timothy Zahn-penned novel trilogy starting with "Heir to the Empire".

Scriptwriter Brian Daley died shortly after recording concluded; "additional material" was contributed by John Whitman, who introduced changes required for continuity with the newly developed plan for the prequels, as well as changes identified by the director and cast.

The episodes are titled:

1. "Tatooine Haunts"
2. "Fast Friends"
3. "Prophecies And Destinies"
4. "Pattern And Web"
5. "So Turns A Galaxy, So Turns A Wheel"
6. "Blood Of A Jedi"

Cast

The adaptation used many of the original radio cast, though Joshua Fardon took over as Luke and Arye Gross replaced Billy Dee Williams as Lando. Ed Begley, Jr. was the voice of Boba Fett and Edward Asner, speaking only in Huttese, voiced Jabba the Hutt. The only actor who starred in all the feature films as well as the radio dramas was Anthony Daniels.

* Joshua Fardon as Luke Skywalker
* Perry King as Han Solo
* Ann Sachs as Princess Leia Organa
* Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
* Bernard Behrens as Obi-Wan Kenobi
* Arye Gross as Lando Calrissian
* Edward Asner as Jabba The Hutt
* Paul Hecht as The Emperor
* John Lithgow as Yoda
* Brock Peters as Lord Darth Vader
* Ed Begley, Jr. as Boba Fett
* Samantha Bennett as Arica
* David Birney as Anakin Skywalker
* Peter Dennis as Moff Jerjerrod
* David Dukes as Bib Fortuna
* Peter Michael Goetz as General Madine
* Ian Gomez as Salacious Crumb
* Martin Jarvis as Barada
* Jon Matthews as Wedge
* Natalia Nogulich as Mon Mothma
* Mark Adair Rios as Admiral Ackbar
* Yeardley Smith as 9D9
* Tom Virtue as Major Derlin
* Ken Hiller as Narrator

The supporting cast included Rick Hall, Andrew Hawkes, Sherman Howard, Karl Johnson, John Kapelos, Ron Le Paz, Joe Liss, Paul Mercier, Steven Petrarca, Jonathan Penner, Gil Segel, Nia Vardalos and Ron West.

Episode list
1. Tatooine Haunts
2. Fast Friends
3. Prophecies And Destinies
4. Pattern And Web
5. So Turns A Galaxy, So Turns A Wheel
6. Blood Of A Jedi

Bonus Tracks

192K Stereo

Star Wars Trilogy NPR LINK/4-RARs

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Rick.  I had the mono version at one time and I'm anxious to hear these stereo versions.  Just turn up the volume and the bass and let the Millennium Falcon roar through the house.

• The speeders are cool too.  --------------------------------------------------  R

• The speeders are awesome as are the Audio Versions of Lucas' films- thank you!

;-)

• Thanks a lot for this, Rick. I look forward to hearing it during Christmas break after I make my way through the 50+ books I have to read before then. Well, I asked to be a Phd.

• BS is BS, MS is more of it and PHD is Piled Higher and Deeper.  LOL  ---------------------------------  R

• Ha!

• I knew you would get a laugh out of that Steve.  --------------------------  R

• Rick, Thank you so very much for posting this.  It means a lot to me.  Can't wait to have a listen.

• The sound and stereo is excellent.  I had it but was posting other stuff and there was already one at 128K Mono posted. When I saw the request I went looking for the one that was here and by golly it wasn't there.   I had this in flac not mp3 so when i realized that the other one was gone and my link to it was dead I took a few hours and did the necessary work to post it for you. Everyone benefited from your request, so it worked out well.   Enjoy it my friend.   ------------------------  R

This reply was deleted.