Crisis

Crisis ran from 1973 to about 1978 with repeats. Although not well-distributed at the time, the author Jim French has achieved something of a cult status among listeners. Almost everyone who has listened to a show from this series has been hooked.

Crisis731122001TheLoophole.mp3

Crisis731129002AlongaDarkRoad.mp3

Crisis731206003Nightmare.mp3

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You may want to take a look at the most Imagination Theatre Newsletter

It contains important information about Jim French Productions and all of his series.

Here is the URL for the Imagination Theatre Newsletter

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e3e2608784a4f573f976ece07&i...

• All I can say is WOW, and Thank You!............Larry

• "Crisis" is still running on satellite radio with, supposedly, some newly-produced episodes -- I've never been able to get a full list of shows produced, but there are titles that haven't been included on any of the OTR logs (possibly re-titled, but who knows).

The website for Jim French Productions sells the overstock CDs of 60min programs prepared for distribution -- the shows are usually in pairs: Crisis, Movies for the Mind, Harry Nile, etc.  The older CDs are really cheap, and their on-line ordering is much more organized now so shipments are quick and accurate.

I can't imagine how old Jim French is now, but he and his wife still sound so young.  In fact, she still sounds as young as in the programs she did in the 1970s.

• For a complete listings of Jim French Productions shows, including the syndicated Imagination Theatre, see the vaiety of series broadcast logs at

http://www.old-time.com/otrlogs2/index.html

Crisis

Dameron (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

Harry Nile (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

Hilary Caine Mysteries (PDF)

Imagination Theater (PDF)

Lists all shows aired on Imagination Theater  including alternate titles.

Jim French Shows (Seattle) (PDF)

Lists the Initial Airing Dates of ALL Jim French Shows On Seattle Radio including alternate titles.

Kincaid, The Strange Seeker (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

Raffles, The Gentleman Thief (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

Sherlock Holmes, The Classic Adventures of (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

Sherlock Holmes, The Further Adventures of (PDF)

Lists alternate titles.

• Thanks.

I have a feeling that Jim French has been switching episodes around under different program names (Imagination Theater, Movies for the Mind, etc.).

• Movies for Your Mind is a subset of IT.

Many of the Crisis episodes have worked their way into productions at IT.

Bob

• Yes. I found that out when I was buying Jim French's Weekly Program CDs.  He usually tags Crisis episodes as "Crisis," but sometimes they're tagged as "Movies for Your Mind," or sometimes with no special tag, just as half of Imagination Theater with a title and plot description.

I don't remember all the titles of the original Crisis episodes, but I usually remember when a plot sounds familiar so I check the title amongst the Crisis episodes that I have.

BTW, there have been one or two episodes of IT that are tagged as "Crisis" but are not on the log of Crisis shows that were originally aired in the 1970s, so either there were new episodes produced, or he's taking episodes of other shows and putting them under Crisis.

• Hi Michael,

I have noticed throout the last 3 years you have brought to Timespast lots of logs and info of IT shows,but do you have any to share,sounds like you have a nice collection if so why not share with the rest of us here.

Thanks

Howie

• Howie:

Relax. 

The logs that he refers to are collected and cataloged by Frank Passage. They do NOT represent anyone's physical collection. Even Frank doesn't have all the shows he lists. :>)

• I'm not excited just curious,for years he has been giving us logs and info about IT,so I thought he might have some,I didn't mean to step on any ones toes,I even asked Rick if that was alright to post that comment,I am a radio show collector and if I can find new and obscure shows to add to my collection,I will ask anyone I want. Again was not trying to offend you or anyone else,so chill Bob.:)

Love

Howie

This reply was deleted.