Elvis Presley Story - Wink Martindale (1977)

The Elvis Presley Story, produced and directed by Ron Jacobs, was first distributed by Watermark in 1971 as a 12-hour program. Following Presley's death in 1977, the original was updated and an additional hour was added making the story a total of 13 hours. The Elvis Presley Story was written by Elvis biographer Jerry Hopkins and narrated by long-time Los Angeles media personality Wink Martindale. This shows are packed full of interviews and music. The show being done in 1971 except the last added hour, the music recordings you can tell are from some of the original recordings. Quiet entertaining.

Elvis Presley Story 01.mp3

Elvis Presley Story 02.mp3

Elvis Presley Story 03.mp3

You need to be a member of Times Past to add comments!

Join Times Past

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry to bump and old thread, but I just found this and I am amazed that I hadn't heard of this before. I know everyone in this house is going love listening to this.

Many Many thanks

Paul

• Very entertaining, enjoy!

• Am I the only person who remembers Wink Martindale as the host of "Tic Tac Dough"? 

• No, but don't tell anyone.  LOL  --------------------------  Rick

• Thank you very much for posting this, I never seem to tire of hearing about Elvis!

• Hi Robert,
    ThankYou for this, my man Elvis is always good!---------------------------------------------------------------Rick
    • I just listen to this and it is great docu, Since it was done in 1971, the interviews are with a lot of people Elvis went to school with, knew him before he got famous, ect. A lot of the people interviewed are not even living today, and the songs are from recordings in the era. No dubs on this.
This reply was deleted.